Established in 1919, the Galerie Sanct Lucas is located in the Palais Pallavicini on Josefsplatz, in the heart of Vienna. From its beginnings as an auction house, the gallery soon began to deal exclusively in old masters and nineteenth-century paintings. It has remained in the hands of the same family since its opening, that of the current owner and manager, Roman Herzig, grandson of the founder. Mr Herzig trained in the Old Masters department at Christie’s London, and has been running the Galerie Sanct Lucas for 35 years.
For the last 25 years the firm has exhibited at the TEFAF in Maastricht, as well as at other international fairs, and counts most of the world’s leading museums among its clients.